DENVER, Nov. 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey from Ping Identity, the intelligent identity solution for the enterprise, reveals consumers worldwide want frictionless online experiences without sacrificing the security of personal information. With 63% feeling better about services that use multi-factor authentication (MFA) at login, an increase from 53% last year, it's clear that businesses across all industries must provide convenience without sacrificing security to win over consumers.
Read the Survey: The Balancing Act: Earn Trust Through Convenience and Security
"Despite the digital transformation organizations underwent during the pandemic, many brands still underdeliver on consumer expectations for convenience," said Andre Durand, CEO and founder of Ping Identity. "This data makes clear that if businesses want to earn consumer trust long term, they need to prioritize simple online experiences without sacrificing the security controls that validate their personal data is protected."
Key Global Findings underscore the importance for brands to make it fast and simple for consumers to engage with their digital channels without sacrificing personal privacy:
Customers will abandon accounts with frustrating logins
- 61% would switch to a competitor if the login experience was easy
- 59% have abandoned an online experience when the login process was too frustrating
- Only 37% have said their typical login experience has been very efficient
Customers want one-click convenience with enhanced protection
- 63% feel better about a service that uses MFA, an increase from 53% last year
- 63% think banks and medical sites should have the same easy login as social media
- 59% feel more in control of their online information when using social media or email to login
- 59% would use social media or email login if it had superior security
Fraud impacts how customers choose to engage with brands
- 77% feel they will never be fully in control of their personal info online
- 53% who have experienced fraud are more cautious about revealing information, while 33% look for accounts that use MFA or offer alternative ways to login (25%)
- 43% have experienced fraud as a result of having personal info stolen online
- 40% are more concerned about fraud during the holiday season, especially in the U.S. (57%)
Customers are curious about digital IDs
- 43% are comfortable with the idea of a digital identity card that stores all of their personal information securely and allows them to share it electronically
- 46% would prefer to keep a digital ID card on a personal device rather than in the cloud
The Ping Identity Consumer Survey asked more than 3,400 consumers across the U.S., U.K., Germany, France and Australia about their login and account creation experiences, their attitudes toward safety and convenience when signing into online accounts, and their interest in control over their personal information online.
About Ping Identity
At Ping Identity, we believe in making digital experiences both secure and seamless for all users, without compromise. That's digital freedom. We let enterprises combine our best-in-class identity solutions with third-party services they already use to remove passwords, prevent fraud, support Zero Trust, or anything in between. This can be accomplished through a simple drag-and-drop canvas. That's why more than half of the Fortune 100 choose Ping Identity to protect digital interactions from their users while making experiences frictionless. Learn more at www.pingidentity.com.
Ping Identity Media Relations
Follow Us on Twitter: @PingIdentity
Join us on LinkedIn: Ping Identity
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: PingIdentityTV
Like Us on Facebook: PingIdentityPage
SOURCE Ping Identity Corp.